Wheel rubbing against chain?

TroyP

Local time
8:52 PM
Hello all! Totally new to the forum and motored bikes in general! Had a silly question.

My wheel is rubbing against my pedal chain. Not all the time, just when I peddle the wheel wobbles over to the chain rubs in one spot, then regains clearance.

How would I fix this?

This is usually caused by a warped rear wheel - rim could be bent, some spokes could be loose or broken - but can also be caused by loose or worn-out bearings. A little warping is common on bicycles, but if the tire is hitting the pedal chain, the rear wheel is pretty far off true. Inspect your spokes and make sure you don't have excess play in the wheel bearings. This is bicycle mechanic stuff, your wheel may not be worth saving.

This is usually caused by a warped rear wheel - rim could be bent, some spokes could be loose or broken - but can also be caused by loose or worn-out bearings. A little warping is common on bicycles, but if the tire is hitting the pedal chain, the rear wheel is pretty far off true. Inspect your spokes and make sure you don't have excess play in the wheel bearings. This is bicycle mechanic stuff, your wheel may not be worth saving.

Thank you for the reply. New wheel it is then. I have three broken spokes completely off.

Make sure the wheel is centered in between the upper and lower stays. When tightening the axle it's very easy for the wheel to move a bit and for it to not be centered.

check the wheels and axles? or maybe its chain has been stretched already, maybe it is stretched so it will make a sound when turned

Back