Wheel speeds

geebt48cc

Local time
6:23 PM
Ok, So, a 700c wheel will travel a slower top speed than a 26" wheel? Using same rear sprocket?

Asking?

Glen

I may look like a total idiot if what i say is wrong, because i haven't researched it as of today, but going from memory, a 700c wheel is larger in diameter than a 26" wheel.

I could be wrong, and if i am, it serves me right for not doing the research, but i reasonably confident that the 700c wheel will increase your top speed if all other variables remain the same.

bigger will go faster, but will take longer to get there, and longer to stop. 700c is the same size as 29" so yeah, they are bigger than 26...

Last edited:
11427.jpgTrue Fabian and Jiffy,

Well , that's the reason I go ok ,good speed, because I'm running 700x48 Michenlin City tires........(66cc pulls up hills also)..........Which I guess is pretty much 29er.................

See, I'm to tall to be messing around with these bikes, but love it.

I'm 258, 6' 6"................... Glen

10896.jpgYou would be shocked considering. With everything else one would do to typicaly help performance, I milled head and not using head gasket at high twenties, to lower 30's. The bike is a hill monster considering what it is with a 44T............................

Also, there're many hills around here. It's hard to even find a true flat. LoL, I keep my fingers crossed that it will continue to hold. I'm sitting at 630 miles now.

Glen

Back