Wheel spins freely even when clutch is engaged

Cava99

Local time
2:07 PM
Okay first few times using the bike was fine and then went to use it and the wheel spins freely even with the clutch engaged (not pulled in) and the motor won't start
Please help

open the covers and see where turning stops - most likely you put chain in from top rather than bottom - that will loosen drive sprocket enough for woodruff key to fall out

open the covers and see where turning stops - most likely you put chain in from top rather than bottom - that will loosen drive sprocket enough for woodruff key to fall out
The only thing is he used it a few times already so that would have tightened it up no? I'm also a bit lost, how can that be that putting the chain in from the top would actually loosen it? It seems that simply installing it correctly and rolling it backwards would be to the same effect?

often, folks put the plug wrench from the kit on sprocket nut to turn it while feeding chain in - many do not take out plug while doing it thereby loosening sprocket - at that itme key falls out or gets crooked, so sprocket eventually spins on shaft

I did put the chain in from the top, I'll have a look inside again in an hour or so, what would be the way to fix it?

That one on the right, what engine is that from?
that one is from a brand new engine someone built and wouldn't run. I spent some time trying to figure out the prob. cause it had spark, compression. fuel, seals were good. The polarity was reversed on the rotor so when the key was indexed properly the timing was jacked. You can imagine how many times I double checked everything before I checked the rotor polarity.

Back