Wheel won't turn on GEBE install

billtheeviltwin

Local time
4:22 AM
Hey:

I just bought a 4-cycle 40cc Engine and finally got around to installing it. I put gas and oil in it. It started up fine and I took it for a spin around the block. Everything's great! I turned it off and walked it to the front of the house so I could install a mirror on it. When I went to walk it back to the garage, the wheel won't turn. It feels like the PTO on the engine is seized or something. I don't get it. I starts up again, but the wheel will not turn so I turned it off. I've looked through the manuals making sure I didn't do anything wrong. Nope. I did everything right. I have the right oil. I have the right gas. The manuals don't tell you what to do if the wheel won't turn. I have placed a call to Golden Eagle and in the mean time, I am stumped.:confused:

Have you disconnected the drive to see if its a wheel issue or an issue with the clutch/drivetrain at the engine end?

If you havent try disengaging the tensioner and trying to turn the wheel - if its stiff its a wheel problem.

It might be one of two things in that case - you've royally munched the hub bearings etc which has locked up the hub - or - there is a problem with the clearance between the sheave and the frame - which you should be able to eyeball - if its touching you have a problem - if it looks rubbed on the sheave you have more of a problem and that will probably require bending the frame.

i cant think of anything else regarding the drive head (aka the mount) that could really cause a problem unless its something that wasnt tightened like it should be and has worked loose and jammed up.

I do know that GEBE are absolutely swamped with orders at the moment so they might take a little time.

hope you manage to sort it..

Jemma xx

I did manage to get a hold of the Golden Eagle people and it turns out that the clutch has seized up. They told me how to pull the clutch and now I am going to send it to them to fix. They said it happens occasionally on new engines and they apologized profusely. They were very nice to talk to. :D

Back