Wheels for

Handle bar lights are cool, where did you pick them up?

My question still stands, what are you planning to do with the bike, considering the paint job it doesn't seem like anything extreme, otherwise you'd pick a color less noticeable when it comes to dings and dirt.

Handle bar lights are cool, where did you pick them up?

My question still stands, what are you planning to do with the bike, considering the paint job it doesn't seem like anything extreme, otherwise you'd pick a color less noticeable when it comes to dings and dirt.

I stumbled across the lights earlier this week on amazon. They are called Winglights. You just smack the side of the handlebars and they start blinking for 45 seconds or until you smack them again. Fairly tits idea for blinkers since I don't want to run a lot of wiring.

winglights-fixed-landing.jpg

As far as the other question, I am going to use the bike for just cruising downtown on pavement. I am going for a high contrast black and white look hence the black rims. I might add some red or copper accents here and there.

Last edited:
Don't bother then with the double wall, you're even using rims wider than 2 inches so it's almost not even worth considering even on trails. Your rims would probably need to be double if you went with higher end racing rims that were very thin, like under an inch.

The vast majority of your wheel durability will be in the axle and bearings, then spoke pattern, and of course tires. The rim is more like a way to keep the wheel round, and that's only if the spokes are set up right.

For the most part you will taco a rim, expensive or dirt ass cheap, exactly the same way regardless, which is by running it over with a car or driving it 25 mph into a car like object. Breaks are actually kind of rare once you get spoke tension down even and don't ride on flats. Hell, I bent a rim and unbent it with my hands and a pair of pliers on the bad parts, still riding around on it like it never happened.

You said something about using maxxis hookworms.... A better cheaper alternative is
CST Cyclops, they are 2.4 in wide and they are almost identical tires at almost 1/4 of the price

You said something about using maxxis hookworms.... A better cheaper alternative is
CST Cyclops, they are 2.4 in wide and they are almost identical tires at almost 1/4 of the price

Very cool man, thanks for the lead.

Back