Wheels that weight more than a bike

echotraveler

Local time
5:15 AM
Yesterday i went to pick up my worksman rim from the bike shop. they were true-ing the wheel. when i ask for the rim the guy go's to get it and when he grabs it makes this "UUUUUGGHH" sound, as if it weigh more than he was used to. :D:D lol i was unsure of laughing or being sad. lol

he said that the rim was heavier than most bikes they sell......hihihihihihihi

first time i see 6,000 bicycles up close, they sure look nice and wow do they weigh less.....

strong-n-light or strong-n-heavy...STRONG is the keyword.

make sure it's rolling right and you'll never notice the "heavy" part...

unless you have to carry it up the steps to get it inside ;)

a little added weight on a nice MB bike -- can be a good thing

especially when it's in strong heavy duty wheels

nice wheels with some fat tires -- that's what I like -- the old school look

MM

they sure are stong wheels, thank god!

Attachments

• IMG_7228.jpg
    IMG_7228.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_7308.jpg
    IMG_7308.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 178
Actually, I kinda crave heavy wheels. I suspect the added gyro effect could be useful for higher speed stability.

I've pondered weighting my wheels. Haven't done it yet because it hasn't seemed like a real high priority. And I suppose it would have to be done fairly carefully to keep things in balance.

But for those who want to do 30 mph plus, heavy wheels might be a very good idea.

Just after blowing a bunch of spokes out of my poorer quality wheel 2 days ago i got the bike shop to give me a heavy duty wheel with thicker spokes --i think it will be worth it--i also got them to true up the wheel off to the right slightly for more tire clearance with the chain --looks good now

Back