When Engineers Go Bad

D

Doppelgamer

Hey All!

In the next few weeks, I am about to assemble a monstrosity of a motored bike out of collected parts! I'm using a motor out of a pocket bike (47cc) mounted to the front fork. You may think it is a friction drive...but it's NOT! I was able to fit a single-speed wheel on the front fork with minimal adjustments and with a little bit of welding on the fork, I can mount my engine above the wheel! I do not know if this has been attempted or accomplished before, but I'm game to try! [/i]

1322_proto2_1.jpg

This is a prototype of my concept. I could not properly center the transmission for the clutch to work properly (Though I did run it, it worked well for being off center...) So I decided to get something that was machined to accept the transmission and save a good amount of headache. I'll take more pictures once I get the engine mount welded together.

- Schmitty

I didn't make the small tranny, I made the mount for it though. My good friend has the motor now and wants to figure out how to center the trans so he can make his own powered bike. For me, I have a pocket bike motor with the trans in the picture mounted on it. I have a mount plate for the bottom of that motor, which will be welded onto some support struts that will come off of the fork. I'll send pictures of it when I start that aspect of the build. I have to work security at a convention in Chicago from Thurs-Sun, so I won't have time to mess with it until next week.

Just wondering whats happening to this project?

I have the urge to experiment with a pocket bike engine also.

Back