When i pull in the clutch it screams. Why..???

Gstrampe925

Local time
11:41 PM
I jusr put a new racing carb on this bike and it revs really loud like super high when u pull in the clutch and and backfires sometimes when i hit the killswitch... idle screw seems to do nothing and im already using my nt carb screw now cuz the first one vibrated out has anyone else have a problem like this and know what im probably doing wrong? Thank

Attachments

• 20190501_163350.jpg
    20190501_163350.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 160
Oh ok thanks i added an old boost bottle too when i got the carb and thats when i noticed that problem.

Get rid of the boost bottle. They are all hype just to get your money. Spare parts is most likely right about the air leak. Either at the carb to intake or the boost bottle connections. If that don't work check that the cable casing is not hanging up at one of the ends.

I jusr put a new racing carb on this bike and it revs really loud like super high when u pull in the clutch and and backfires sometimes when i hit the killswitch... idle screw seems to do nothing and im already using my nt carb screw now cuz the first one vibrated out has anyone else have a problem like this and know what im probably doing wrong? Thank
You probably know this, but the front brake setup you have is wrong. You need longer calipers to reach the rim. that is going to destroy your tires.

I believe your bike is so fast that it has given itself launch control

On a more serious note does it idle better with the choke on?

If so it is running too lean, lower the c-clip down 1 notch and see if there's any improvement

have you checked the throttle cable?
it could be too short and its not letting the slide go all the way down.
other possibilitys are air leaks. and the idle screw is different so it might affect it. (ie not reaching the slide enough or pushing the slide up too much)

good luck! keep us posted.

Back