When i start Huasheng 142f revs up and wont idle

Ozzyrules420

Local time
6:36 AM
Hi im new here and new to these bikes but i replaced the carb on my bike yesterday and for some reason the engine wants to accelerate without me hitting the throttle any ideas what is wrong with it cause i need this for work plz help

Its the huasheng 142f 4 stroke and the carb was replaced with the same one that i bought from bikeberry

Its the huasheng 142f 4 stroke and the carb was replaced with the same one that i bought from bikeberry
does the throttle return?
check the throttle linkage to see if it returns. (the golden part next to the choke)
it should snap back when you let go of the throttle, if it doesn't then i would spray it with some wd40.

Unfortunately no and now it is leaking gas from the over flow and it still wants to jist take off without hitting the gas im about to give up

Unfortunately no and now it is leaking gas from the over flow and it still wants to jist take off without hitting the gas im about to give up
Weird, is the float stuck? Could you by any channce post a pic of the carb and its linkage.
Also check to make sure you throttle cable isn't too short, remove the air filter and you should see it be be nearly closed, if it's like 1/2 way open that could be your problem.

Dont give up, we will make this engine behave!!

Back