When to change the oil on a 49cc 4 stroke engine?

Change it when it gets dirty/black. You should check oil level at least every other ride. 1qt is 4 oil chnges = a bargain.

On a 4 stroke you want to change the break in oil after 10 hours. Recheck the valve clearance at this time also. Refill with a good grade of 10-30 synthetic oil and change that every 50 hours thereafter.

The slow motion footage of the venturi was fantastic. Great learning tool.
thank you so very much, this helps alot

thank you so very much, this helps alot
The 50 hour thing is the maximum you should let it go before changing. Many of us who've got very old 4 strokes choose to cut that time in half to 25 hours. This way you're never running on oil that's worn out. My engine has been going strong for 11 years. All I've ever replaced is the spark plug, fuel filter and did replace the non adjustable carburetor with an adjustable one. I generally check the valve clearance when I do an oil change.

I
My Robin Subaru 4 stroke recommends changing the oil every 50 hours. However I change it every 25 hours. Most push mowers in their manuals also recommend 50 hours. Honda 50 engines also recommends 50 hours. I personally recommend every 25 hours and cleaning the air filter every 10 hours change your spark plug and fuel filter every 200 hours.

Get a tachometer/hour counter for maintaining a maintenance schedule. You should also get a vacuum pump to do your oil changes so that you don't have to lean your engine over. Do a Sea Foam flushing when you do your oil change. My RS 35 is 11 years old and all I've ever replaced on it was the carburetor and spark plug.
Received a 11 year old mower that has never had an oil change. Its 13 now. Free mower, why change the oil? Lol I have 2 more. When the air filter cloggs, I'll just up its dose of nitro. Lol.

Really on the bike it should be ever 10 to 50 hours, depends on how you ride. Short frequent rides, with cool down time between, you change more often than if you cruise mainly. Reason is, condensation doesn't have time to burn off and builds up. Long cruising doesnt let the water stay in the oil like short hops.

Back