Where can i find a trike kit?

N

Neutronbomb

I've been wanting the trike kit from spooky tooth for ages but can not get a reply from them to save my life!
Are there any other trike kits that are ready to be mounted with an engine anywhere?
If anyone knows where to find one, or has a link, please let me know!
If you know that there's no place to get one, that info would help too.. so I don't keep this ridiculous search going forever.

Oh yeah, I can't weld or anything.. so those lowrider trike kits that aren't gas engine ready don't help me much.. bummer!:sick:

how do the ones they have work with an engine?
i'm kind of lost on that part..
any suggestions?

I've looked at trike conversions, kind of expensive. Here's something different that is cheaper, can carry a passenger, can have one of the two bikes (Or both!) motorized as usual, and is much more stable than a trike. Trikes are actually very tippy except at low speed.

http://www.thegrannybike.com/

You should probably check out the videos.
Main disadvantages: need 2 bikes, and could be heavy (with 2 heavy bikes)

I'm more into the trike idea just for the looks of it.
Two reasons the granny bike wouldnt work for me.
1.) In Atlanta, to be considered a street legal moped it has to have no more than 3 wheels.
2.) I wouldn't be caught dead whizzing down the road on one of those granny bike setups.

Thanks for the info so far though!

That granny bike setup.... not quite understanding how it would be easier to ride?

More stable YES, easier to ride NO WAY

First off, it would be just as wide as a sidewalk I am thinking, and turning at a corner would surely be an issue!

Secondly, riding that thing on the side of the street would or could get you sideswiped by a passing car!

Stick with the trike idea!

NB, have you considered going to a tadpole trike?

They are in fact, if properly engineered, not tippy at all. I'd suggest you look at Atomic Zombies creations, or any of the other designers out there. Even delta trikes, if designed carefully, can be much less of a tipping problem than you might expect.

I ordered the motor /coaster break trike kit from spooky tooth and recieved it within a week. I didn't try to contact them other than just placing the order though. I am out of town working right now but will start building my streach/chopper trike as soon as I get home and will post pics as it progresses.

it looks like ordering anything from spooky tooth is a no go. I've been sending them emails and calling. finally got a reply to an email and all it said was "we're not doing any sales right now, we're closed for business rebuilding" or something along those lines. and I can't just go ahead and order the parts on the site because there seems to be no shopping cart or way to check out now. also it seems the address and phone number are gone now too.
is spooky tooth no more!?!
... now i'm never gonna get a trike..

Back