where can i get an upgraded carb?

Usually taking off the air filter makes it run a bit more lean because it can get more air. So I'd assume if it runs right without it, putting it on will make it run more rich.
Try making the carb leaner and put the filter back on. As always, when playing with different carb/adjustment check your plug to make sure you aren't running to lean.

Ive got a ladies stocking strechted over it at the moment. Thats seems to work. If I double the ladies stocking over it chokes it up. The only other thing I thought of was a fabricated airbox that has a lot of still air around the carb.
Ive tried leaning it out moving the needle down etc. That didnt work either.

Thanks jlebh1. Im in Sydney (near Penrith/ Windsor. I wouldnt mind trying it out if you are kind of local. Not to sound tight but Ive just spent $100 on this carb from Gasman in Penrith. It did come with a new throttle, cable and wiring.

The bike is flying I just cant run a filter. I think its over carbed.

If I wanted to get technical I could solder up the main jet and start drilling it out a little at a time till it was right. Dave 0413766501

im in brisbane sorry and I bought the mikuni style carb (with remote choke cable wiring ect.) from zbox and it only cost $55 delivered, but I dont need it anymore.

Help with jetting a Mikuni

Hey guys. I bought a Mikuni VM18 round slide carb and I need some help with the jet sizes. I'm running the 66cc 2 stroke. Anything else I should do? Thanks fellas! :geek:

Back