where can i get an upgraded carb?

Just be cautious about carby airfilter cleremace of the seat post u might have to put low profile one

Chieflets

Chieflets - I know, I thought about that when I looked closer at the pictures pianoman posted, but even though it probably won't fit my current bike, that just gives me reason to find a new frame! Right now I'm running my engine on a Huffy Cranbrook I bought for cheap at the local Wally-World Mega-Center. I really want an older, more sturdy frame, or even one that is newer but that this will fit on....

hi thtas what the second motor mount block is for that comes with the carb you use two blocks to push the engine out foward then it gives it room for the newer carb larry ca

yeah, i have hardly any clearance anyway, but i may come up with an idea to make it fit. this is how much room i don't have....
289_manifold_1_5.jpg

as you can see, i already had to make a new manifold, but if i can get the new one to fit, (assuming i get it), I'll probably have to make another different manifold... the stock one was too long, and i didn't like the bend in it, i figures it restricted the flow a little... but thats just my opinion... i just rolled the odometer by 101 miles today. between yesterday and today i've put on 42 miles, and i still have just below a half a tank of gas on the bike, and that's the last of the first gallon i've put into it! it's sweeeeet!

it's 20-25 degrees F. out today, but i can't just not ride it! you know what i mean?
-pianoman...

foyeburger said:
hi thtas what the second motor mount block is for that comes with the carb you use two blocks to push the engine out foward then it gives it room for the newer carb larry ca

Ahhhhhh....OK, now THAT makes sense. I was scratching my head earlier wondering what the 2nd motor-mount block was for! Thanks, Larry.

(I still have a lot to learn with these bikes! :???: )

289_picture_of_bike_in_driveway_3.jpg

I have nor oom to move the engine up, either. if i tilt the engine back, the spark plug will hit. if i tilt it forwrd, the carb will not fit, so it fits perfect and barley as it is. but anyway....

-pianoman

pianoman - just cuious: what do you use for your front motor mount, since your front downtube is huge compared to what the motor was made to accept?

i used the longer threaded rods that i got with the kit, and soi took the shorter ones out, put in the longer ones, and used the half-moon shaped thing clamp whatever it's called to hold it on along with the washers, nuts, etc. this is the thing that came with my kit, just the regular part, i guess...
289_MVC003L7309x223_2.jpg

i got the picture from thatsdax.com, it's the same exact part.
and the threaded rods (extended bolts) just barely cleared to downtube. it's thicker than normal ones, and the bolts actually sit against it, but it works, so it's all good.

-pianoman

carb kits

I have a few, the system won't take my email mike at simpsonmotorbikes dot com 75 +10 to ship

CNS carb

Canada is out of the CNS Revolution only has a few left. The CNS runs rich and it is easy to lean it out too much trying to get the engine to ring like it should. If your engine has a rod end bushing instead of a bearing run it rich. you will be able to hear your bushing going out long before it takes your whole motor with it and you can back your jet adjustment out to give it more lubrication at the expense of a bit of power and top end.

Back