where do i find USA made studs/locknuts and bolts?

Local time
6:49 PM
in need of advice.
i need to know: where is the best place to find upgraded replacement mounting studs for my 2stroke. and other recomended replacements...

i also would like to know the size to get...

i recently had my engine mount stud break off and want to replace all hardware on my engine.. this was/is my first build, so i am still learning as i go. any help would be appreciated.

i need studs for engine
I'd assume you'd get the sizes you need ??!!??

i need studs for engine mounts and lock nuts, i assume that most if not all Chinese 2 stroke motorized bike kits use the same size. and i dont really know about sizing nuts and bolts... sorry if that makes me sound like a dips**t. but thats why i'm asking,,,

They're all metric on the common Chinese two strokes. They are not all the same.
There are really only three thread types used though, so it shouldn't be difficult to distinguish between them. There's M6, M8, and sometimes M8 fine thread. You will have to measure yours and decide what to buy.

If there is an Ace Hardware store near you, you can always take your bolts there to determine the diameter and pitch. They have a US and metric thread guides there to help you easily determine it. They also sell metric bolts and nuts but I am not sure of the country of origin; you can ask them. In addition, they might have metric bolts in a higher grade (toughness) but this might only be for US bolts; I am not sure.

Uh.. Home depot and Lowe's, just get good grade (5.5 or better.) Not necessarily made in US but what they sell is more than good enough, I could probably round over stock hardware on a piece of wood with how soft it really is..

Uh.. Home depot and Lowe's, just get good grade (5.5 or better.) Not necessarily made in US but what they sell is more than good enough, I could probably round over stock hardware on a piece of wood with how soft it really is..

the only problem i have with home depot and lowes is that they require you to buy the bolts and nuts in qtys of like 20+ when all you really need is 2-5, which ace sells individually. if you need a lot then home depot and lowes is prob a better value but if you need just 1-2 i think ace works better. though from all the bolts and nuts ive bought over time at ace, im sure home depot is better. but again who can see the future o_O

Back