Where do you store your bike.?

I am envious of anyone who has a shop room, garage apart from the residence. My shop is a balcony or the curb for my cars. Shouldn't complain too much, could be homeless.
Not trying to brag, but my workshop is a 10x20 shed(excluding the portion for garden tools, leaf blowers, chainsaws ect) and an attached 20x15 overhang.

I currently dedicate a small portion of my garage to the hobby. The majority is already dedicated to another hobby. My vehicles? They sit outside.

The long-term plans include building a 12x16 shed with power that will become the "workshop/projects shop"...

I am envious of anyone who has a shop room, garage apart from the residence. My shop is a balcony or the curb for my cars. Shouldn't complain too much, could be homeless.
IMy shop and shed at one time in my life was a pop-up canopy with bug screen sides meant for camping. Kept the rain and sun off of me at least. I made side flaps put of a tarp and had it staked down for a couple of years. It sat under a couple of enormous cottonwood trees, which destroyed it by dropping branches on it all the time. When I got this house, I counted my blessings.

Many moons ago I tried the canopy cover for at least a sun/rain shield. Wasted money, the wind just wouldn't cooperate with me and said canopy. Got tired of putting it back up and stitching the rips in it. It was secured with rope stakes too.

Hoping to get a 9×7 slab poured soon so I can put a 6×8 shed on it. Then I'll make my wooden shed into a workshop; no more welding in the bathroom using my dryer outlet lol

I watched a very interesting video on "dry pouring". If I had a small slab to do... I'd consider giving it a try. MUCH MUCH MUCH less expensive than traditional pour...

I watched a very interesting video on "dry pouring". If I had a small slab to do... I'd consider giving it a try. MUCH MUCH MUCH less expensive than traditional pour...

It isn't like I'm going to have tons of weight on it either. I'm all about doing something an easy way as long as it's also safe and inexpensive.

You could use pavers for a floor with a flat base that's been hammered. Would that work?

Pavers would work also... but yeah, that dry pour looks interesting. It looks like it would work fine for relatively low-load applications. I bet it would work a little better if you threw some rebar in there... but then the expense increases.

Back