Where is KCvale?

CrazyDan

Its been around 6 1/2 months since we have seen KCvale, did we lose him 😢? The last few weeks of him posting it sounded like his health was really deteriorating. I fear the worst. He has helped our cause quite a bit. Done many builds and shared so much info. Even helped design (thanklessly) the grubee 4g shift kit. Pretty sure he didn't give up on the hobby, it was part of his life.

If he's still around, someone pipe up. Otherwise, RIP KCvale... you will be missed.

bakaneko

Yes, he was a bit snarky at times but overall he has contributed a lot. I also noticed that he has not been posting. Hope it isnt bad.

The_Aleman

Even helped design (thanklessly) the grubee 4g shift kit.
What? People were building 4G shift kit bikes years before KC was building them. All he did was borrow ideas.

He often didn't borrow them very well, but most of the time he did. He was hard to explain things to.

darwin

I liked KC, he built some beautiful bikes I know from the pics. Over time he did get easily annoyed on any topic. Who knows though he went through a lot with health issues that were life threatening. I think his son was really bad too at one point. Any one of us could change if life kicks us in the ass also. I wish him the best.

Spare_Parts

I hope he is still around. He and Jaguar had a lot of knowledge and helped the community but could easily become annoying lol.

CrazyDan

What? People were building 4G shift kit bikes years before KC was building them. All he did was borrow ideas.

He often didn't borrow them very well, but most of the time he did. He was hard to explain things to.
there were 4g shifters before the grubee shift kit, but as it stands, he did help design the 10g shift kit

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
I sent @KCvale a PM a few weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. I tried his website kcsbikes.com and it wasn't loading for me either. I'm afraid we'll have to assume the worst has happened unless we hear something soon. Thoughts go out to his family if this is the case.

The_Aleman

there were 4g shifters before the grubee shift kit, but as it stands, he did help design the 10g shift kit
Oh you mean that copy of Nashmoto's setup where you can't actually pedal much more than engine idle speed while in gear? LOL...."designed".

I will give KC credit tho, he did help bring people to this and helped them with their drivetrain issues.

CrazyDan

Yeah, the one that you can't pedal with the engine. Nashmoto may have made a one off, but I'm pretty sure it was KCvale that got grubee to mass produce that design, being their number one customer I'm sure. I was checking out nashmoto's custom jackshaft setup, think imma have a much better pedal ratio with my new gearing imma be using at the next race with 52.308:1 at the pedals. Too bad nashmoto isn't going to be there next race, wanted to see how my 53cc hs compared to his (better made) 49cc honda.