***Where is the best deal to buy a Honda 4-stroke skyhawk stage 2 kit***

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by busboy111, May 7, 2008.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. busboy111

busboy111 Guest

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to purchase a Honda 4-stroke skyhawk stage 2 kit?????? I tried two of the vendors on the geebee contact list and no luck.....they don't have any 4-stroke kits.......
    I do know that www.revolutioncycles.us has them but there kind of pricey. So does anyone have another source of supply????????????

Thanks in advance.....Bryan

<
  2. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

3. busboy111

busboy111 Guest

Thanks for the 411

Thank you for the information....much appreciated.......I spoke with a lady today from the site www.bicycle-engines.com She only sells the off brand engine kit instead of the honda. I am worried if i need parts for the off brand engine sometime in the future that i may have problems locating them. I may buy the gear box kit off of ebay and search the web for the Honda gxh50 engine.

Thank you again for your time.........Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Get the kit there, get the engine here:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...+Horizontal+5+8+x+1+1+4+Shaft+Muffler+no+tank

I got my engine there and I highly doubt there is a better price out there.

I also highly doubt that you will find a vendor selling the genuine Honda engine packaged with the kit. I spent a great deal of time researching before I bought mine and I never found that anywhere.

I must say, this little Honda engine is a rev-happy gem!

Small Engine Warehouse is south of Fort Wayne, IN- so it's only the length of one penninsula from you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  5. busboy111

busboy111 Guest

Outstanding news......Thanks

Houghmade........Thanks a bunch......I have been trying to gather as much info before i buy.........Your groundwork is much appreciated.

Bryan

6. KiDD

KiDD Member

Small engine warehouse is the website I found when researching for a 4 stroke. Cheapest anywhere! Get the kit and buy the engine separate and your good to go!

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  7. NeoEleganceDesign

NeoEleganceDesign New Member

HoughMade, you're right about Small Engine Warehouse having the best price for the Honda motor. Everywhere else charges at least $40-50 dollars more than they do (except a guy on FeeBay I found selling a motor he intentionally fried for $10-15 less than a new one from SEW). Do you know if bicycle-engines.com sells just the kit minus the motor? I'd personally rather have the real Honda instead of the Chinese knock-off, so I see no point in buying a motor with the kit that's just going to sit in my shop and collect dust.

8. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I think they do- not sure, you have to ask.

That is what I did. I bought the kit from a vendor which I had really no trouble with, but others have.

I bought the Honda from Small Engine Warehouse and it has been perfect so far. However, I did have to fab up a throttle linkage because I wanted to go without the governor.