***Where is the best deal to buy a Honda 4-stroke skyhawk stage 2 kit***

B

busboy111

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to purchase a Honda 4-stroke skyhawk stage 2 kit?????? I tried two of the vendors on the geebee contact list and no luck.....they don't have any 4-stroke kits.......
I do know that www.revolutioncycles.us has them but there kind of pricey. So does anyone have another source of supply????????????

Thanks in advance.....Bryan

Thanks for the 411

Thank you for the information....much appreciated.......I spoke with a lady today from the site www.bicycle-engines.com She only sells the off brand engine kit instead of the honda. I am worried if i need parts for the off brand engine sometime in the future that i may have problems locating them. I may buy the gear box kit off of ebay and search the web for the Honda gxh50 engine.

Thank you again for your time.........Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the kit there, get the engine here:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...+Horizontal+5+8+x+1+1+4+Shaft+Muffler+no+tank

I got my engine there and I highly doubt there is a better price out there.

I also highly doubt that you will find a vendor selling the genuine Honda engine packaged with the kit. I spent a great deal of time researching before I bought mine and I never found that anywhere.

I must say, this little Honda engine is a rev-happy gem!

Small Engine Warehouse is south of Fort Wayne, IN- so it's only the length of one penninsula from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding news......Thanks

Houghmade........Thanks a bunch......I have been trying to gather as much info before i buy.........Your groundwork is much appreciated.

Bryan

Small engine warehouse is the website I found when researching for a 4 stroke. Cheapest anywhere! Get the kit and buy the engine separate and your good to go!

Last edited:
Get the kit there, get the engine here:

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...+Horizontal+5+8+x+1+1+4+Shaft+Muffler+no+tank

I got my engine there and I highly doubt there is a better price out there.

I also highly doubt that you will find a vendor selling the genuine Honda engine packaged with the kit. I spent a great deal of time researching before I bought mine and I never found that anywhere.

I must say, this little Honda engine is a rev-happy gem!

Small Engine Warehouse is south of Fort Wayne, IN- so it's only the length of one penninsula from you.

HoughMade, you're right about Small Engine Warehouse having the best price for the Honda motor. Everywhere else charges at least $40-50 dollars more than they do (except a guy on FeeBay I found selling a motor he intentionally fried for $10-15 less than a new one from SEW). Do you know if bicycle-engines.com sells just the kit minus the motor? I'd personally rather have the real Honda instead of the Chinese knock-off, so I see no point in buying a motor with the kit that's just going to sit in my shop and collect dust.

I think they do- not sure, you have to ask.

That is what I did. I bought the kit from a vendor which I had really no trouble with, but others have.

I bought the Honda from Small Engine Warehouse and it has been perfect so far. However, I did have to fab up a throttle linkage because I wanted to go without the governor.

Back