Carby Where the %&! can I buy a new C clip for the carb needle?

rjriggs

Local time
6:03 AM
I lost my c clip while trying to adjust it, and I literally can't find any place that sells the c clip itself. Thatsdax.com sells the carb needle and clip together but charges $9 shipping for a $4 part, and that's outrageous. I sell on Ebay, and I know it can't cost more than $2.50 to ship something that size in a small padded envelope. Even flat-rate priority boxes only run around $5. Anyone know where I can get one of these, by itself or with the needle, at a reasonable cost?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
if you see a hardware or auto parts store that sells a circlip assortment kit, it'll probably have one to fit - if not, one can wrap & twist some safety wire in the proper groove with just a 1/16in tail as a temp fix

I usually drop the part in the grass and then look for it frantically for about 10 minutes before giving up and just soldering the needle in place

Last edited:
if you see a hardware or auto parts store that sells a circlip assortment kit, it'll probably have one to fit - if not, one can wrap & twist some safety wire in the proper groove with just a 1/16in tail as a temp fix

I agree, any decent hardware store should have c-clips. What I'd like to see is an assortment of needles with different tapers to really fine-tune the low end. I had to apply solder to the needle to lean out the low end, but as a machinist it drives me crazy doing that.

there are many NT clones out there & the speed carbs too - most have different needle profiles

that is different from each other as needle is usually constant within a line

greatest difference is between those with cylindrical needle jets and hex shaped needle jets - the needles for these are different to the most casual inspection

I agree, any decent hardware store should have c-clips. What I'd like to see is an assortment of needles with different tapers to really fine-tune the low end. I had to apply solder to the needle to lean out the low end, but as a machinist it drives me crazy doing that.

look into mikuni then... several hundred tapers to select from...

yep...who said solder the freakin thing? lil bit of copper wire wound into selected groove, solder it in there...

pop that li bit from a can ring pull where the rivet goes and use that...

find a washer and mutilate it with sidecutters.

go to a hobby shop and pay 17.50 for 5...

or cut a lil piece from a coke bottle or similar stiff plastic...

steal a sequin from your brothers "secret" wardrobe...

um... there must be other ways! o darling e clip, how dost thou replacest you? let me count the ways...

uh oh. quoting shakespeare. thats taking it too far!

Back