Where To Buy Custom Length Chain?

What you need to do is grab a center punch where the tip is smaller than the head on the link you ground down and just punch it out...Thats how i did my 415 chain after i took the grinder to it...DAMIEN
^^^^THIS ^^^^

Thanks for the tips everyone. I bought a heavy duty chain breaker for $18.00, worked like a charm. I'm all about saving money, so I understand the idea of using a punch. But when I can afford to I prefer to do the job "the right way." Safer, more efficient, less chance of damage. Even with the heavy duty chain breaker I really had to torque it to get those pins out. I was just about worried I would break the breaker just as the pin started to move.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I bought a heavy duty chain breaker for $18.00, worked like a charm. I'm all about saving money, so I understand the idea of using a punch. But when I can afford to I prefer to do the job "the right way." Safer, more efficient, less chance of damage. Even with the heavy duty chain breaker I really had to torque it to get those pins out. I was just about worried I would break the breaker just as the pin started to move.
And now you have the tool and the experience for next time! Im glad you broke down and got the tool man.

Back