Sprockets where to buy front sprocket?I

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12676

I am looking for a place to buy a 11 tooth front sprocket. What I have found so far is a freewheel sprocket that requires having pullstart. Please point me in the right direction. thanks :D

Thats dax sells a ten tooth front sprocket that works with both BMX and 415 chain,
It solved my chain binding problems. When I rode a happytime.

jaguar, if your engine is a HT, going up to an 11 tooth sprocket won't allow enough chain clearance from the casings.
If you're trying to increase top speed, a much better idea is to buy a smaller rear sprocket, maybe a 36T instead of the standard 44T.

I've got a fat tire that only has 1/8" clearance from the chain and I was thinking of replacing the chain cover and welding a 11 or 12 tooth sprocket to the existing one to gear up and to clear the tire more.

I doubt that the 11T will fit in the space. With a 10T and 415H chain, there is virtually no space left between the chain and casing.
You might be in a bit of a spot. Possibly a slightly narrower rear tyre?
Let us know how you go. If you want an 11T to weld to the original, anything with a 1/2" pitch will do the job. Possibly a scooter front sprocket.

*sees a possible market for nonstandard HT sprockets*

i shall look into this soon...

oh...DONT WELD THE SPROCKETS!

while it works, you lose the "hardness/temper". so you gotta change em more often.. annoying when you have to make em.

much better to braze/silver solder...

Last edited:
Back