Where to buy kit?

msasso

Local time
11:01 AM
OK,
I discovered these motorized bicycles a week ago and I have to build one. I have a couple of questions.

Where is the best place to buy a kit from with the best price?

Do all kits require you to drill through the down tube or do some enable you to mount the engine with a c clamp on both tubes?

How fast will a 70cc motor go with a 200lb man on the bike?

This is a great forum and I am looking forward to learning more about these bikes. Thanks in advance for your replies.
-Matt

I bought my two-stroke, frame mount kits from thatsdax and I've been happy with them. but there are other vendors here who clearly have a good reputation as well.

The need for drilling is mostly decided by the thickness of your frame, but some folks here have found ways around it. There are some good looking modifications in some of these threads.

My engines are 50cc. I weigh about 180 lbs. I can do 25, anyway. And probably a bit faster. I tend to think that 50cc is all I need. but more to the point; if you want speed, then I would recommend a better than average bicycle. I only ride about as fast as I can pedal a bicycle (fairly serious, but not straining) on a level. I'm afraid my cheap bikes will break in half at higher speeds.

but to get the best answers for your questions you should read everything you can in these posts. Put some time into it and you won't be sorry. You'll be confident in your decisions and you'll be better prepared for your install.

Glad to have you with us. I doubt if you'll regret building a motor assisted bicycle.
They are an awful lot of fun.

Back