Where To Buy Metal For Fabricated Parts (Online)

yuckfoo

Local time
8:55 PM
I need to fabricate some spacers for my shiftkit's U-bolt exhaust brackets. Basically a 1/4" thick piece of metal 2 1/4" long, 3/4" wide. I'll need three of them. I can probably have the lengths cut myself, but I won't be able to cut the width. So, a bar of 1'4" thick by 3/4" wide by whatever length is available. Is there a place where I can find a variety of stock metal in small sizes like this?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've gotten flat bar and metal plate several times on eBay. You can cut with a side grinder and cutting disc
20210216_221805.jpg
20190714_165653.jpg

I'm pretty sure ya can buy metal flat bar and angle at Lowes.
I've always been able to find metal for free. Also I know people who work at welding and machine shops.

I'm pretty sure ya can buy metal flat bar and angle at Lowes.
I've always been able to find metal for free. Also I know people who work at welding and machine shops.
I bought 1/4" x 3/4" 6061 aluminum bar. This way all I have to do is cut to length. The other 2 dimensions are exactly what I need.

Back