Where to find front hubs made for 12gauge spokes

My original intent for this thread was to find front sealed bearing disc brake hubs that have a OLD (Outer locknut dimension) of 100mm and are built for 12 gauge spokes. I'm trying to avoid drilling the hub to fit the larger spokes.

Idealistically the hub would have convertible end caps so it could be used with standard quick release axle hub/axle configuration or you could switch out the end caps to fit a 15mm through axle.

If the hub fits a 15mm through axle it can also work with a boost fork that uses a 110mm through axle(they make adapters for this configuration)

Well my bad, I've just never seen a 15mm solid steel threaded axle before on a 2 wheel bicycle. Much less a 20mm one.
It's alright man. I've never been rich enough to gaze at one in real life as well.
The 15mm thru axles are aluminum. The dropouts are a full 360 degrees round no cut out like the dropouts for solid 3/8" axle or quick release 9or10mm axle would have for the wheel to fall out once loosened. You feed the thru axle through the drive side dropout then the wheel hub then it threads in to the non drive side dropout.
With 20mm through axles the dropout usually unbolt's then flips open you install the wheel with the axle already through the hub then close the drop outs and bolt them shut (there are other interfaces buy I won't go into it)

There Are also quick release thru axles like rockshox maxle

Some of the older 20mm through axles might have been steel but I haven't seen one.

Last edited:
Im on a similar path, my goal being dual front disc brakes.

The ghettobike link has already been posted, thats the most common.

I bought these:

When I bought them I actually didnt realize they were 20mm hollow axle setup.
Now Im looking for fork to run them, ideally a non-suspension fork.

Ill be watching this thread for clues! Ive yet to find something I can run them in.
I think it will be hard to find a rigid fork with boost spacing(110mm). The only company I can think of that might possibly is Surly but I kind of doubt it.

You can easily find a boost (110mm) 15mm wide axle suspension fork with lockout (so it performs somewhat like a rigid fork). You just need a shim that will go around the axle so it fits your 20mm hub.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I understand what you want i suggested the ghettobike hub because its 100mm with sealed bearings. I would assume you could knock out the bearing and replace it with a bearing to accept a 15mm thru axle. I recently ordered a set of the ghettobike wheels and would like to bolt them on some thru axle forks so I'm kinda in the same situation. I'll update you on what I come up with when my wheels arrive.
Any updates?

What forks are you going with?
I had a new old stock dual crown Manitou fork lined up on ebay(maybe a Train it didn't have decals) but got over bid at the last second. Eventually I'm going to go with a new DNM Dual crown air fork but, for now I picked up a Manitou Circus Comp 20 x 110 axle fork for $90 in good shape but I'm going to completely pull it apart and service it. I've got the fork oil I just have to get a $35 seal and Oring kit plus a $8 decal kit and I'll have it good as new.

Back