Where to find front hubs made for 12gauge spokes

LOL I've got them right it's called a thru axle(like I said) the front thru axles are most commonly 15mm. They are definitely more secure than quick release axles and 3/8" nutted axles. Very common on quality front suspension forks. There are rigid forks that use them too.
You think 15mm is big... a lot of downhill and other style mountain bikes have 20mm axles.

I don't known how it still amazes me that people take jabs and try to call people out/ correct people without any idea of what they're talking about or the simple effort of a google search prior to doing so.
Well my bad, I've just never seen a 15mm solid steel threaded axle before on a 2 wheel bicycle. Much less a 20mm one.

Last edited:
My mountain bike has one, 15mmx110mm (boost spacing)

its a lot stiffer and can take a lot more stress than a qr.

you might be better off looking for older DH wheels off of a 26er on pink bike, as those can come in 20mm versions and are virtually indestructible.

Im on a similar path, my goal being dual front disc brakes.

The ghettobike link has already been posted, thats the most common.

I bought these:

When I bought them I actually didnt realize they were 20mm hollow axle setup.
Now Im looking for fork to run them, ideally a non-suspension fork.

Ill be watching this thread for clues! Ive yet to find something I can run them in.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You going for dual front disk for the sweet looks? Or you going dual for the all the extra s**t to install and keep adjusted. I know it's not for stopping power lol

Its all just an idea really. The goal being stopping power.

Im not even sure if its useable, all just testing.

Any brand-name hydraulic MTB brake will flip you over the bars, they provide more than enough stopping power even on a modified motorized bike.

duel brakes are gonna be way overkill. unless you like the look of it, or are racing a full-on 300 mile endurance race lol.

forks, older dual crown DH forks are beefy, look cool, can be had for relevantly cheap of you know where to look. i believe some surly forks have 20mm drop outs? not sure though. they also make 20mm to 15mm adapters as well.

The electric bike I bought had the best brakes I've ever experienced, plus the bike weighed close to 80lbs. Stop you on a dime. The brand was tektro brand, according to others they were the low end models. Ideally every bike should have those for safety, flip you over the bars if your not careful just like a m/c.

Good call it should work... I'm trying so many different keywords but not having much luck. I would like to find a quick release version too. I'm thinking ebike companies are my best bet.

I did find this but it would only work on 110mm boost forks unless I can figure something out with the endcaps(it's 20mm ID which can be reduced to 15mm with a shim)

I bought a HD double wall alloy 36h 26" rim from them. It comes drilled for 12g spokes (no eyelets in the spoke holes). I like it its internal width is 30mm(I'm pretty sure it's 30 if anything it's a little bigger. It was only $45 I think.

I also bought 2 -100 count packs of 12g spoke nipples from them $10ea. 10cents per spoke nipple which can save you quite a bit when shopping for 12 gauge spokes. Places will sell spokes by themselves for cheap then over charge for the spoke nipples. The nipples I got from Husky are good quality nickel plated brass and are 16mm long. They aren't the super shiny nickel plating but that is of no consequence to me.

Hub wise last I checked they didn't have anything like what I'm looking for.

Back