Where to purchase THumb Throttle?

G

I want one of those thumb throttles and would like to order one. Any ideas where I can buy one online from a website that works?

Thanks,
Drew

I would start by checking ebay. I am not even sure exactly what a thumb throttle is though. I have never seen one. Is it just a throttle that you operate with your thumb?

Aren't those things usually installed on ATVs and sometimes go-carts? You might try an ATV parts place or someplace like Northern Tool that sells parts for go-carts.

There is one listed on the grubeeinc website.

Part no. C52C

Thumb operated lever throttle - spring loaded-with cable
Cast alum. Bodynew item:Excellent quality;No kill switch.

Price is not listed.

You could probably get one at a Snapper dealer, small engine repair place, and have the throttle cable cut to size.

The best thing about a thumb throttle is you can make a "cruise control", mine is a piece of clothes line, wrapped in red electric tape, twisted around the handle. When out in the open, I just slip it over the throttle to hold it down, frees up the right hand.

Others have made a cruise control out of a large rubber band.

i can tell you right now...ive been riding quads for 6 years before i recently switched back to dirtbikes and thumb throttles SUCK!!!!! they get extremely tiring for your thumb till the point where you have to use your wrist. it may bey cool and different but i would definately would not reccommend it!

jon.

Back