Where to put 12v battery on frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arminask

Local time
8:58 AM
Hello, i want to put an 12 battery on my motorized bicycle for horns, headlights, turn signals, etc. But I have no idea where to mount it or how to mount it. Do you have any ideas?

IMG_0486.JPG

You can try to put it on the frame like you did with the CDI. Or, under the seat. Maybe over the motor. Or under the gas can. Wherever it looks the best! I know it's a hard choice.

Get a bat box or even a small bag and put it behind the seat or get a bike basket and attach that to the bike and put it in the middle of the basket and this will also give you 2 spots for grocery and stuff

there's triangle bags fit under handlebars, or maybe you could get a rear rack. lead acid ones are kinda heavy like 4-6 lbs

anywhere u want pal. the choice is yours. freeeedomm. well that is if u feel like drillinh a hole, and bolting to a hunk of steel plate or lumber and then hose/clamp or u bolt the battery directly. Don't tap die into the bike frame especially if its aluminum, its a lil to thin. bolt it bike aluminum is junk for tap/die and the threads will fail..............defiantly will fit over the motor and if not, the headlight thing hole in the front will work as theres a hole drilled and threaded I think 1/4unc......... that u can add a lil platform a bob for it.....

So im planning to put battery under the fuel tank, but I don't know how to mount it, maybe with a rope or something?

AAhahahaa......aaahaha...jesus my sides hurt! The things we do to make these work! (y)

I have a 12v 5AH "house alarm" battery and 2 small lipo packs for my Cree headlights fitted into some goofy frametop bag:

It's ugly, and I'm gonna get rid of it prolly, but I haven't yet because it works very well. I have leads running out of it for easy charging.

So im planning to put battery under the fuel tank, but I don't know how to mount it, maybe with a rope or something?
Take that tank off get a small ratchet strap and Ratchet strap it there then cut all but a little of the extra strap off then put tank back on.

Yeah the wife didn't like the wooden box around the batteries rubbing her legs while she pedals. Tried this figured what do i got to lose besides $4 and some pride. Well it works really well, plan on putting some sheep skin over the whole middle section of the frame. Wanted to make sure it would work first without getting hot. It seems good after 50 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back