Where to put nitrous bottle?

JerboaJohn

ya know, i didn't really think Tony is serious, but it's possible this thread is relevant. someone may search it!
really, it should be shielded from impact, or farthest away it can be from the rider. if the hose is long, you have to purge the line before getting on it.
like on rear rack, covered in case of crash lol

CO2 cartridge sized is worthless. 1lb is the littlest bottle worth mentioning unless you're doing an RC

The_Aleman

Oh, we're going to get serious about nitrous oxide? No huffing on Huffys? *inhales deeply :LOL:

DualCarb-by-Foureasy.jpg

I wonder if that's what Foureasy was subconsciously thinking when he made this dual carb intake almost 10 years ago.

Now to figure out how to get it to where the 2nd carb only comes into play during activation of nitrous oxide.

Needs more gigglegas.

Vikingimike01

I wonder why people add an extra carb, it just looks like extra work, and adjusting :(

How does it affect power?

Vikingimike01

Yeah, that's why I don't get why people do that... I think it would be more cooler to just get a big mikuni than 2 of these and DIY weld them or whatever, it would look nicer too with the mikuni... I mean if this is what people are into, or just do this to spend time, yeah sure. If you want a great motor, with small amounts of work? Hell naaaw

Akutey

The way I would do it is mounting dual carbs like in previous post. Jet one to be for normal operation and a second for nitrous, have both fuel lines going to a 3 way valve for switch over. Take two pieces of 2 inchs of 9/16ths and grind down one end till it fits into the bore of the NT and the tap it in for a lite compressed fitting and seal with jb weld. Take some 1/2inch clear tubing and put a pair of plyers in and stretch it a few mm's and quickly put it on the new carb fitting. Do that to the other and then take both ends to a second 3 way valve. For throttle control would do one lever for normal carb and a dual lever for nitrous and nitro carb. When you want to switch over make sure your engine is warmed up, you have a bit of momentum to switch the valves over and then hit the lever.

Vikingimike01

Did you see 2stroke stuffing's nitromethane scooter? It made 22hp as 50cc I remember. But ran for like a minute on a liter of nitromethane!