Where's the sleeved jugs?

msp4662

Local time
5:24 PM
I was wondering if anybody sells sleeved cylinders.
I seen some on Ebay or Amazon and they were only like 5$ more than a regular and to me that's to good to be true.
Mainly I take long country trips 8-15 miles one way and I think a good cylinder would last longer and not flake off.

I was wondering if anybody sells sleeved cylinders.
I seen some on Ebay or Amazon and they were only like 5$ more than a regular and to me that's to good to be true.
Mainly I take long country trips 8-15 miles one way and I think a good cylinder would last longer and not flake off.
Keep in mind the common G5 sleeved jugs you see on amazon/ebay are usually made for a PK80 and not a Zeda so will not work properly out of thye box. Piston will be ~2mm in the hole, causing low compression and poor performance.

Also, try to get an iron sleeve if you can. Steel sleeves are cheaper, but need a good oil at a heavier 32:1 ratio and proper warm up to keep from damaging the piston since the aluminum piston expands so much faster than the steel and it can rub the skirt against the cylinder walls and actually cold seize in the bore if you go WOT without a proper warm up. This also makes them more prone to drop the sleeve as well.

Keep in mind the common G5 sleeved jugs you see on amazon/ebay are usually made for a PK80 and not a Zeda so will not work properly out of thye box. Piston will be ~2mm in the hole, causing low compression and poor performance.

Also, try to get an iron sleeve if you can. Steel sleeves are cheaper, but need a good oil at a heavier 32:1 ratio and proper warm up to keep from damaging the piston since the aluminum piston expands so much faster than the steel and it can rub the skirt against the cylinder walls and actually cold seize in the bore if you go WOT without a proper warm up. This also makes them more prone to drop the sleeve as well.
I have a jug that was bad and I'm a machinist so i mentioned to a coworker that i wanna bore it out onto CNBC mill and sleeve it. I didn't know what metal I should use and he said it's gotta be cast or it will be bad.
I had a normal hug that I took my time and chamfered all the ports and then that one failed I expected to find a cracked rind or more of the chrome flaking off and scoring the cylinder but one of my piston pin clips broke and a lite .100 thousands piece ground into it but the rest of the cylinder was wearing great who would sell a good cylinder for a triple 40

Back