where's the smoke?

Castor can be had at most hobby shops. I us one made by Byron Products. It comes in a 16 ounce bottle.

Castor vaporizes and doesn't really burn going through an engine, so it helps carry away heat better thas regular or synthetic oil. The flash point of castor is very high and so it offers superior protection as higher engine speeds and heat.

Drawbacks include (to some) unpleasant smelling exhaust. I personally love the smell of castor exhaust. Also, oily exhaust residue, though not as bad as a model airplanes. If it's over used and the engine see high tempertures regularly, you'll need to de-coke/carbon the engine once a year or so. No big deal.

No secret to the formula- 1 gallon of gasoline. 2 ounces of your favorite oil, and 1.5 or so ounces of de-gummed castor, you can go as high as 2 ounces.
Premix castor in a cup with some gasoline and add it to the already mixed gallon.

lol... :D

dono...but nothing smokes more than my dirtbike when i start it in the morning after a cold night in the garage. lol :LOL:

Back