Which carburetor to buy?

Txsandman

Which ones better?

Or

Purple Haze

They are both crap, tuning nightmares, and when tuned properly will still not run as well or make as much power as a properly tuned NT.

Txsandman

I ended up getting the hp carb off bikeberry. After putting it on my bike is 4 stroking and won't hit top rpms. Going to put my short intake on and see if that helps. Gotta p/u a longer fuel line too..

Txsandman

Dang I guess I'll have to order some jets.. Supposed to come with .78 i think... Which direction with the jet size? (I'm near sea level)

GreasyChris

The carbs usually come with a 70 jet. You'll need to go smaller. Here's a link for a 5 pack 65 thru 70. I'd order a pack of 65-70 and a pack of 60 to 65. Keep reducing the size until it just stops 4 stroking. It helps if you drill another small hole in the emulsion tube in the carburetor also. It helps the fuel atomize better. There's a description on how to do that on the forum just use the search.

Txsandman

The carbs usually come with a 70 jet. You'll need to go smaller. Here's a link for a 5 pack 65 thru 70. I'd order a pack of 65-70 and a pack of 60 to 65. Keep reducing the size until it just stops 4 stroking. It helps if you drill another small hole in the emulsion tube in the carburetor also. It helps the fuel atomize better. There's a description on how to do that on the forum just use the search.

Thanks!