Which CDI is Better

Brayden Yancey

Local time
11:37 AM
Which is better the Huffy Davison cdi or the BBR Tuning volt master cdi for slightly modified Zeda firestorm

Attachments

• C1A18CF5-F0D8-42EC-AB60-238CF6331EBB.jpeg
    C1A18CF5-F0D8-42EC-AB60-238CF6331EBB.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 126
  • AD306920-66A7-471D-A89F-168FB3AFCFB7.jpeg
    AD306920-66A7-471D-A89F-168FB3AFCFB7.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 109
Seeing how well BBR takes care of their customers, I would say the other one. Actually the other one has a lock out on it and it looks like a Suzuki coil.

I can't say, haven't used either one. But if I was given a choice, I'd buy the HD one, not the BBR.

I got the BBR one, cause the HD one was out of stock.

Honestly, it’s the only BBR part I’m still using, that and a head off my first engine with a crappy clutch and crappy gclips (and a dumbass using them).

I’m betting they’re similar.
What I noticed is a much smoother top end, smoother rev. It’s like the difference in a weed eater and a dirt bike engine. I got real familiar with weed eater CDI performance.

I considered trying one of these on a 25cc.
But...why. So I quit that thinking.
😁

Ok I’m going insane.
I was checking stock on both. Wondered about BBR reviews, clicked on amazon link to read them.

Reading one review, was going wow, that’s like mine ran. Same impression, revs better, doesn’t beat itself up at high RPM.

THEN...I saw the picture of my bike, I’m a dumbass.

i saw one similar to the hd setup on ebay. called catnip cdi.. idk.. like $40.. i just replaced my mag, stator and cdi with one from gomax80cc, seems to work pretty well. the magneto definitely seems to be much stronger than all the others i have, 2 of them never been used. itd be nice to have something with some adjustability tho but i guess were stuck with s**tty ancient technology until a better system comes along.

Back