Votes: 3 25.0%
  • GZ25N 25.4cc Komatsu Zenoah/RedMax 2-Stroke

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No Opinion, but show me the results!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
S

skyl4rk

I am going to try to post a poll here! Please vote in this poll ONLY if you have experience with a GEBE system. You can vote for No Opinion - Show me the poll if you just want to see the results.

I would like a GEBE motor for installation on a Giant Sedona, which is sort of a mild mountain bike that works well on the street. It has a front suspension and a seat post suspension. 26" mountain bike style wheels, no rear suspension.

My priorities in order:
1. Quiet
2. Reliable for long distance rides (40 miles or more)
3. Some hill pulling power, although there are no really steep hills here
4. Light enough not to affect bicycle handling
5. No too much vibration
6. Prefer low end power on trails to high top speed but its a compromise, it has to go fast too

I will be riding some streets in town, but mostly country roads. Asphalt, gravel and two track trails through the state forest. It should work good on the two track trails because those are the most fun. There could be a lot of bumps and bounces on the trails. There will be a lot of long stretches of country roads running flat out too. I would like to be able to add some panniers and go bike camping, with the rider at 250lb, and maybe 30lb of gear.

I am open to either 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Not sure if a big one is better for me, or a small one, or in between. What say ye?

Edit to add:

Multiple choices are permitted.
http://www.bikeengines.com/orderpage.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice would be the 32/35cc range of capacity - personally I favour two stroke engines..

Both of the offerings in that class are fairly quiet and can be quieted down further with a little ingenuity.

Get the Trail and Highway gears - gives you the best of both worlds - speed for the road and torque for the muddy bits.

I have done over 100 miles on the DGE7/32 (using 32cc/2 stroke)
I did over 150+ on the preceeding machine (using 25.4cc/2 stroke)

No problems apart from someone nicked the first one... *growl*

Get decent tyres/wheels and make VERY sure alignment is correct..

Good luck

Jemma xx

Back