Which kit to get?

tgd

Local time
11:29 PM
I want a 2 stroke. I wont be doing a lot of mods - just want something to ride. It looks like the Grubee GT5A 66cc is preferred over PK80? Other preferences today?

If there is a state max 48cc requirement... is the Grubee GT2A or GT2B a good way to go - or are they discontinued? (Whats the diff) Other good options at less than 50cc? Or just dont worry mon.

Thanks

No worries mon, 66 or 49 all the same ting far as police be worried.

Nobody is going to be particularly the wiser on the combustion chamber size, and if a 49 is plainly legal then the cops will be highly unlikely to bother as everyone will just say 49 regardless of the size, so it's a mute point to an officer to bother with that question since they can't command you to disassemble a motor roadside.

Pw80 and grubee are both good top players to pick from, so don't hesitate to buy either one you like more.

Not doing mods is just going to extend the life of the motor, I understand that unmodified grubees get substantially long lives when treated well. Just use good synthetic oil and let the rest roll with the flow.

Wear a helmet too since brain damage and funerals suck.

I've been looking for a week or so now too and I'm in the same boat as you basically. Where are you going to get the grubee kit from? Have you checked gas bikes? They have an upgraded gt7 kit for $199 that is supposed to give 3.75hp and the listed parts are the same as the grubee gt5 kit plus an upgraded head, reed and carb

very rare with these to find any claim on a website that can be proven to be true

not often mentioned is the first step which is to check CL or someplace to see if someone local to you is selling kits

I don't sell online and my customers seem to appreciate having a shop to go to to ask questions while they build.

The head they are showing on the GT7 kit is a true 6cc head so that is a plus. The bigger carb gives some help, but the reed valve does little for you without piston mods, or buying the GT80 cyl. with the boost port. I haven't tried any piston porting so can't comment on their effectiveness with this setup.

I have built a few of the GT80's. The GT7 with the GT80 cyl., and the mzmiami dirt bike pipe will run quiet strong, and IMO is a good option for those who don't want to try their hand at cyl. mods.

The GT7 looks nice, but I suspect the higher performance comes at the cost of less reliabiility. I just want something to take along when travelling - reliability is key, speed not so much. And I want a 2 cycle.

Looking at bicycle-engines.com GT5A $169 or PK80 $139, Also theres a Seeutek PK80 Angle Fire slant head on Amazon prime $145 .. have it in 2 days. Thoughts anybode on buying from these guys?

I think for the most part, it's all going to be the same from what I've read on these. The exception being that if you say get the wrong parts, or something is damaged in shipping or delayed real bad, are you going to be able to work with the vendor to get it sorted out without too much hassle. I think that's the biggest thing I've read and realized. I don't think you could go wrong with the GT5A kit you mentioned. Another good vendor (or at least from what i've seen so far) is thatsdax.com. I joined a helpful FB page today that sells them too and seem to be customer friendly called pistonbikes.com

The GT7 looks nice, but I suspect the higher performance comes at the cost of less reliabiility. I just want something to take along when travelling - reliability is key, speed not so much. And I want a 2 cycle.

Looking at bicycle-engines.com GT5A $169 or PK80 $139, Also theres a Seeutek PK80 Angle Fire slant head on Amazon prime $145 .. have it in 2 days. Thoughts anybode on buying from these guys?
Probably the best choice you could make. They have a very high approval rate. I haven't heard 1 complaint.

Just use good synthetic oil and let the rest roll with the flow. Wear a helmet too since brain damage and funerals suck.

You like Klotz Benol? I grew up with motocross buddies and they swear by it. Plus that smell is intoxicating. And yes, brain damage and funerals do suck!

You like Klotz Benol? I grew up with motocross buddies and they swear by it. Plus that smell is intoxicating. And yes, brain damage and funerals do suck!
Really used to do anything castor oil, but as of late I'm just doing synthetic since castor (and many bio oils) get really chalky sooty up in my small motors and I just don't want to do the clearing out work on my pipes and ports. It's really bad if it's a bit too rich the carbon builds up quickly on the plug, with synthetic I don't even get a layer just flakes of carbon.

It is what it is, oil's oil's oil.. Not going to get too much into it since it's a widely debated subject.

Back