which motor for bicycle when covering long distances!

sae3dkhan

Local time
1:25 PM
i have heard that when u are using a chinese 80cc motor on a bicycle u can only cover a small distance as the engine gets hot! is this the case with any engine and if i was to ride over europe in a motorized bicycle which motor would u recommend?

ok

thanks pal ! i would like a bit more detail if thats okay and also can people tell me where i can purchase them from as i live in the UK!

Not sure where you can purchase over there. Maybe a U.S. dealer will ship to you. The engines I mentioned on a rear, friction drive mount are a great design, in my opinion. Yes, they will slip in the rain, some. I don't ride in the rain.

bah. I dont think overheating is a HUGE deal. You going more than 50 miles a day? If not you should be fine with a chinese 2 stroke.

I think frankly most of those 4 stroke friction drives are WAY over priced anyway.

+1

The folks behind the drive systems certainly wish to be gratified for their efforts.
I can't fault them for that. It's tough to earn a living these days.

If my intent was a longer regular commute, or a distance adventure, I would run a honda gx35 or gc50 and a tooth belt similar to the gebe system.

Best
rc

hi

hi okay i think honda gx35 would be suitable ! now the only problem is that i live in the UK ! and i dont know where i can purchase one so if anybody knows please let me know! please give me the details thanks

hi

There must be somewhere in the UK who stock them or somewhere in the US who dont charge too much for shipping!!!

Back