Which motor should i go with

Joshyaddow

Local time
7:14 PM
so I now have a seeutek pk80 80cc and I love it.. its my first build.i want to build another setup so im here to ask what motor i should go with i was thinking of the zeda 80 firestorm thats on Amazon or the YD 100 I have done a little research on each one im undecided at this point any and all thoughts would be helpful even if the suggestions are a different motor please help me find my next motor im only looking for 2 strokes 😉

20200924_195846.jpg

i was thinking of the zeda 80 firestorm thats on Amazon or the YD 100 I have done a little research on each one im undecided at this point
OK...fair enough...You want to spend 20 dollars more for a Zeda 80 from Amazon with no techs to be able to talk to over the phone if you run into a problem...rather than order it from bicycle-engines.com who will have a six month warranty and will give you immediate over the phone help if needed for 20 dollars less...Amazon=189.99...bictcle-engine.com=169.99...My experience below with dealing with BE.com customer review by me...

• Very impressive, Zeda 80 black engine kit.
    I have previously bought both Flying Horse and Seeutek kits from major competitor before I even heard of Bicycle Engines.com...This Zeda 80 just blows them all right out of the water.
    It is simply put, a much better designed engine with much more power than the two i just mentioned.
    Quality is sooooo much better with improved power and top end speed.
    I ordered it with the 36 tooth sprocket which was also a MAJOR improvement for off the line acceleration as well as top end speeds, I had previously used both the 48 and 44 tooth sprockets on previous builds.
    For what it is worth, I used to be an ASE certified master mechanic/technician until my retirement 10 years ago.
    Special shout out to the two fine ladies i talked to, first one when i ordered the kit over the phone, and also when i had one minor problem when the accelerator twist grip wasnt quite right, they replaced it via mail within just a few days no charge.
    Cannot tell you how happy i am with my purchase with Bicycle-engines.com, The kit was delivered to me in Alamogordo NM from their Montana location within one week.
    THIS IS THE ONLY entity I will order from for now on.

• Read the specs of the zeda here:
  • https://www.bicycle-engines.com/new...it-ceramic-coated-cylinder-firestorm-edition/

• Read the tech comparisons here regarding pk80 and GT5 designs versus Zeda 80 design
  • https://www.bicycle-engines.com/product_images/uploaded_images/Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
  • .As far as the YD 100, just another of your average PK80s
Enough said from me on this subject...I have explained the differences too many times already...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
If you want the 100, go with the RawRacerII 100cc. There is definitely a difference in torque and horsepower.

I'd go with the zeda engine from bicycle engines .com
The zeda engines have a better case with bigger journals for the bearings and 8mm mounting studs. The new zeda engines also come with a ceramic coated cylinder with open transfer ports and it has a 40mm stroke long rod crank.
Lots of guys have had problems with the yd100. Pustons installed backwards and circlips breaking within the first 100 miles, also its a 1 piece cylinder .

Back