Which Oil should I NOT use?

Emcee

Local time
7:40 PM
Was going to use this. I see people say not to use TCW-3. What should I type in to find the specific type of oil? Is there a certain number or something I should be looking for? Kind of like if I were buying oil for a car

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For break in use a regular 2-cycle oil blended for air cooled engines, after break in a good synthetic or semi-synthetic is good. I tried all kinds and have decided that Lucas semi-synthetic is good for my engines. My oldest engine is a 2010 grubee and has run on 32/1 since new.

Oh yes, the good old blue stuff (Valvoline). I've used that kind of mix oil in my chainsaws for decades. It's a bit smoky compared to the newer synthetics.

For break in use a regular 2-cycle oil blended for air cooled engines, after break in a good synthetic or semi-synthetic is good. I tried all kinds and have decided that Lucas semi-synthetic is good for my engines. My oldest engine is a 2010 grubee and has run on 32/1 since new.
Do you used "conventional" for the break in and then semi and synthetic? Is it similar to buying car oil and if it doesn't say semi or synthetic then it's safe to say it's conventional? How many half gallon tanks did you use before switching from conventional? Also the kit I bought said to do 16:1. Is it better to use too much as opposed to to little?

Oh yes, the good old blue stuff (Valvoline). I've used that kind of mix oil in my chainsaws for decades. It's a bit smoky compared to the newer synthetics.
Are synthetics less smokey? Is it okay to break in with a synthetic or is it too thick?

Any thoughts on either of these? Was going to grab the Quaker to do the break in before I order something on Amazon. I found some Lucas at a store near me but wasn't sure if Quaker was better. Don't want to spend $6 because I'll need two of the Lucas ones for a 16/1 break. Hoping to get some feedback on the Quaker

Attachments

• IMG_20220709_190614939.jpg
    IMG_20220709_190614939.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 86
Those are both good brands, been around forever. Just get your mix right. I have a 1-gal fuel can that it would be easy just to add say 4 0z of 2 stroke oil to mix it per gal. You'll need a way of measuring oz of oil too to get the right amount from containers in the pic. 4oz is just used as an example not a recommendation.

Back