Whining noise when riding. Gets louder with speed. Normal?

Cornhusker

Local time
6:47 PM
can't figure out if this is normal or not for a new 80cc motor. When I release the clutch and bike starts moving, this annoying whining sound is made. The faster the bike runs the louder it gets until I release the throttle, the noise recedes a bit but is still there and picks back up when I twist the throttle and continues to get louder the faster I go. Doesn't sound like a grinding noise. Sounds almost like those little electric trucks or cars you buy for your 5 year old to ride around in until they decide to run over one of their sibling or the dog so you stop recharging the battery until they forget about it and sits somewhere in the back yard for the next year or two. You all know the sound.

Did you ever put grease on the clutch gear and the small gear ?
hqdefault.jpg

Mine whines when its starting to get dry.

They build these kind a fast make sure the little gear is straight too sometimes it’s on crooked and you’ll get that winding too. I watched a YouTube video of cr machine ( Fred) talk about them.Which Fred is amazing on this stuff. The engine don’t have to be tore apart like video just the side clutch cover. To whom don’t know.

Here’s link to it.

Last edited:
didnt have the issue with my first build, but my current did this. Vibrated alot too. After break in the whining stopped and vibration calmes down to reasonable ranges.

Back