White Tires

Hi Moon,

Contact your local Authorized Whizzer dealer and order the spacers used on the Ambassador rear sheeve. The spacers move the sheeve away from the spokes to allow the belt to clear the 3" tires. Problem solved, have fun.
Quenton

Just ordered them from Whizzer directly. I have no idea what these spacers are, but they are on the way!

Three " tire

Hey Bud, had to do the same kind of thing with mine. The tire was rubbing the frame on one side and the belt was touching on the other. Had to fab some spacers made out of bar stock to go between the hub and the frame. Hope you can give us some pics of your ride with the 3" rubber soon. Would like to use 3" on my next build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my tires are due to come in on Friday. I am going to pick up some nice thorn resistant tubes (not sure what they use on the stock 2007 Whizzer - so new ones can't hurt). I will then do the mount and see how she rides!

Pictures will be coming this weekend!

I ordered the sheeve spacers like Quenton suggested - but I think they may have sent the wrong thing because the nice lady at Whizzer said they were a dollar each and I will need two of them.

Once I actually get the right things - I was thinking about something. If I use those spacers to get that belt sheeve further away from the wheel, won't that mean I have to do something on the motor end where the belt rides? Otherwise the belt will be off center and not parallel? Am I thinking logically here or is the offset so minor it won't matter?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Best,

Matthew

wheet to pulley

Hi Matthew always align motor to clutch first,shorter belt less adjustment.I use clutch mount arm for this adjustment. Then adkust clutch to wheel .I will ether use flat washers or move thin nut from one side to the otherto get alignment. you can go one step more if needed.You con off set hub to rim with spokes , if you dont have truing stand and spoke wrench you can get take to any bicycle shop and have off set and trued... hope this helps. Bill Green

Back