White wire missing, good or bad?

:giggle:

:wacko: theres a way out of it:wacko:

flat coil glued to inside of magneto case.... seperate ;)

Hey Headsmess, Ya gotta explain that one. Nobody ever accused me of being like smart or anything. (smart a$$ perhaps.) Will a flat coil pick up a charge from the mag? Will it put out 6V?
Big Red.

... yes, please do explain- I THINK I catch your drift, but I am not sure... if the coil is concentric to the mag, it SHOULD put out DC instead of AC. At the very least, a couple of tank caps will be required to even the pulses. Would be an interesting ... experiment? Out of pure frustration, I clipped the white wire on my first build three years ago- seems the "Beach Breeze" would be a perfect candidate for this concept... but please fill some details-

Hey, It's only been a couple days. Give the guy a chance to work it out. Or perhaps he was just "funnin" with us.
I know the Sarge ain't happy about it, but I still think the cheapie 6V coil, along with Sgt. Howards light set may be a viable alternative to a missing white wire. Still a lot less expensive than the complete set from Mightywonderfull.
Big Red.

ha ha ha.
im thinking either elliptical, off to one side, or using two small coils parallel to the crank but spaced on either side of it...

sheesh. anything involves making things :(

i hate making things :(

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Well, this thread finally got me to register, so next is an intro I guess. I have just joined the motor-bike world a few weeks ago and I'm addicted. I've been reading up on running lights off the engine and was deep into the $5 diy thread with such high hopes. I got to this thread and thought.. "Did I have a white wire???" No, I don't. I got my kit from gasbike.net. I will love it if another solution comes out, but am truely sad. Sgt, just have to say that your thread was amazing and it sucks that it may be a thing of the past now.

Steven

yep - white wire thing of the past I hear - just got a clover with no white wire.

If you need it - the fix is - order a replacement magneto with the white wire - done.

Back