white wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty baze

Local time
8:46 AM
I got a headlamp that takes 4 D batteries.the bulb is 4.8 volts 0.5amps.can I run this off my white wire.80cc 2 stroke Chinese motor

I got a headlamp that takes 4 D batteries.the bulb is 4.8 volts 0.5amps.can I run this off my white wire.80cc 2 stroke Chinese motor
The white wire is 6v and around 30w so if you run the light off it the light will go up and down in brightness and affect the engine's performance aswell!

Isn't the output more like 3 watts? It's the equivalent of your basic friction drive generator, like a Union light set.

People always say its not enough voltage. They do make little separate coils the mount on the other side of the magneto.

Yeah but I doubt it's even 15 watts It might climb to 7 or 8 volts at maximum, with the potential of having a couple extra watts These little magnetos don't have the physical size or coil winding size to generate that much power. I own a couple Lifan Honda Clone horizontal engines with AC headlight generators that are well taxed at putting out 35 watts @12 volts AC. The rotor is nearly 6 times the size of the little internal rotor and the coils are over three times as large and the speed of the rotor because of it's diameter is probably over 5 times the speed of the little internal rotor HT engine magneto/lighting coil's.

Size and rotational speed matter when making electricity.

So I tested the voltage coming off of my white wire and it's about 29 volts, so I'm assuming this is another wire common with the blue lead out of the magneto. I'm curious if one could get a small, switching voltage USB power wall wart to work off this lead and still provide enough voltage to run the CDI when charging small items?

So I tested the voltage coming off of my white wire and it's about 29 volts, so I'm assuming this is another wire common with the blue lead out of the magneto. I'm curious if one could get a small, switching voltage USB power wall wart to work off this lead and still provide enough voltage to run the CDI when charging small items?
A larger dia rotor is turning faster at the same rpm witch saturates the coil faster and the lifan system has a regulator! when you load our coil the voltage drops but still fluctuates again from being non regulated,put a load on it (light) and a ammeter between them you'll see that it's capable of 5 amps at 6v witch is 30 watts and not alot of power.The biggest problem here is thaat the lighting coil is wound inside of the primary coil and loading it creates heat and that heat creates resistance witch creates more heat and blows out both coils,then of course there is the affect of the secondary coil when loaded pulling current away from the primary coil as it saturates first and make's the feed to cdi fluctuate and fire late!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back