Whizzer Advice

Maxi1399

Local time
7:49 PM
Hello, I'm new to the site and motorized bicycles in general. Recently I've been looking into these, and have found a whizzer near me which seems like it may be worth looking at. The ad say's it's a 2006, with about 200 miles on it. I was hoping someone may be able to tell me about what something like this may be worth, as it is about 4 hours away from me, and that's a bit of a drive. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who took the time to read and have a happy new year!

Hello, I'm new to the site and motorized bicycles in general. Recently I've been looking into these, and have found a whizzer near me which seems like it may be worth looking at. The ad say's it's a 2006, with about 200 miles on it. I was hoping someone may be able to tell me about what something like this may be worth, as it is about 4 hours away from me, and that's a bit of a drive. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who took the time to read and have a happy new year!
You will want an answer to this querie from someone like @Wrench since he is a Whizzer expert in our forums and is on here much more frequently than other Whizzer owners, so hang in there till he sees this and answers your questions...lol.

Welcome Maxi. I have both a "repop" (1999 to 2009) 2004 with the NE5 motor (Which your 2006 should have) and a vintage 1948 J Model engine on a Schwinn Frame. The price these days for your 2006 will vary depending on what equipment is installed and the condition. I have seen them recently for anywhere from $800 to $2000. Some good clear pictures of the bike, engine and accessories and the ID plate which is located on the top tube left side below the handlebars. It will have the model number , VIN and MFD date (Which is in reverse order ).

Happy New Years back at ya! I think Whizzers are cool and da bomb. In my state they're considered full blown M/C's so it kinda rules them out for me.

Back in 2006 the NE-5 Whizzer with an auto clutch sold for $1,750 new
Condition is everything, this Whizzer has only $200 miles hopefully it runs and everything is working right
Actual value of a 2006 NE-5 with low miles in good running condition is $1,200 Poor condition $500 - $750
Mint condition like new $1,750 - $2K

Thank you all for your responses! I'm attaching the photos from the listing for anyone interested. Says single owner with fresh oil and new battery. It seems to have what I would to be a tach or something? I'm not exactly sure, but the whole bike seems to be a real doll. Thank you again to all.

Attachments

• whizzer 3.jpg
    whizzer 3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 94
  • whizzer 2.jpg
    whizzer 2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 89
  • whizzer 1.jpg
    whizzer 1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 91
Happy New Years back at ya! I think Whizzers are cool and da bomb. In my state they're considered full blown M/C's so it kinda rules them out for me.
Yeah, CO. has a stupid no bigger than 50cc rule for mopeds

In CA a moped can have up to 149cc but they say it can't have a top speed over 30 mph or it's a Motor Driven Cycle.
MDC have to follow the M/C rules

My 138cc Whizzer is reg as a moped and can do 50 mph and I've never had any problems with the law

Thank you all for your responses! I'm attaching the photos from the listing for anyone interested. Says single owner with fresh oil and new battery. It seems to have what I would to be a tach or something? I'm not exactly sure, but the whole bike seems to be a real doll. Thank you again to all.
So what's the asking price
It's beautiful

Yea in CO anything bigger than 50cc you need M endorsement, reg and insurance just like any other vehicle. I can only really afford 1 m/c to ride so it's going to be the real deal.

So what's the asking price
It's beautiful
The asking price is $1800 which based on your wonderful information seems worth it. My hesitation is the drive to get it, but I think it pry worth it, I have only seen one other for sale in the area in the last I believe 6years

Back