Whizzer air cleaner mounting

DaleIce

Local time
1:24 PM
I'm trying to install what I think is the stock air cleaner on my '99 Whizzer. There is a mounting lug that doesn't seem to connect to anything. It would stabilize the housing. Anyone have a pic of their '99(close up) that'd show me where it bolts to?
whizzer air cleaner housing.jpg

I'm trying to install what I think is the stock air cleaner on my '99 Whizzer. There is a mounting lug that doesn't seem to connect to anything. It would stabilize the housing. Anyone have a pic of their '99(close up) that'd show me where it bolts to?View attachment 175781

If I had a WC-1 air filter I would take a pic for you
Most just put the NE-5 air filter on and throw the WC-1 air filter away

thanks for the quick reply. I hope someone still has a WC-1 air cleaner mounted to show me where it attaches. Its not evident. Some connection piece must be missing.

You do have the rubber elbow that connects to the carb right!

That hose barb is for the crankcase vent hose to attach too. It was an attempt to re burn blow by gasses But it was a failure and filled the air filter with oil. So people just vented into the atmosphere.
Another reason why people switched to the NE-5 air filter.

Yes, I have the 90 degree rubber hose. There is just the 90 degree mounting lug sticking out with no place to attach to...

Yup, there it is...now where does that brace attach....not evident in the parts pic...

Back