Whizzer belt drive clutch

DieselTech

Local time
8:47 PM
Wrench when you have time, can you show me & explain how the whizzer belt drive clutch works? Like does it just use a spring tensioner controlled by clutch lever or something to engage & disengaged drive belt. I'm wanting to use or make something similar for my firestone bike. Maybe with a suicide shift lever or a jockey lever as the board trackers used. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Slip Clutch (slip primary belt) hand lever clutch, lever is on the handlebars left, cable is attached to the clutch arm, spring is attached to arm and frame for return action and primary belt tension.
Slip Clutch - Pull hand lever and it loosens the primary belt, bike is in neutral - Release hand lever bike is in drive

A hand shift lever can be made to slip the clutch

The Auto Clutch is centrifugal, 3 shoes with springs it also uses a spring on the clutch arm to keep tension on the primary belt
Also uses a one way bearing for starting the bike

Thanks Wrench, do you by any chance have any photos of the 2 setups? So I can kinda see how there setup & I have a idea how it all looks & functions, I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to hear & see it from you, cause everyone says your the Man & know your 💩

No pics at the moment of the slip clutch set up. It's been around since 1940 I'm sure you'll find info if ya look
Slip Clutch and arm
DSCF5532.JPG
I got some pics of the Auto Clutch on my bike
DSCF5520.JPG
Notice that the clutch arm is mounted to the case and it pivots
DSCF5525.JPG
Bolt thru case that attaches the clutch arm
DSCF5527.JPG
Spring for belt tension attaches from the arm to the frame where the rear fender mounts, or it can be attached to a bracket to the seat post clamp
DSCF5521.JPG
Back side view
DSCF5526.JPG
See this pencil this is where the cable would be on the slip clutch arm , Auto clutch don't have a cable
DSCF5529.JPG
The slip clutch cable attaches to the frame with a special bracket below the clutch arm
When ya pull the clutch lever it pulls the whole clutch down to loosen the belt.
Look it up and you'll understand

Wrench, Thank you very much!!! Them pics are great. Thanks for the info info!!! Now I just gotta put my mind to it all🤔🤯 I'll post some pics & show you what I'm working with & what I'd like to do, If it ain't going to cost me a fortune!

Back