Whizzer Brake Conversion

Z

Zomby Builder

After much consideration, This is what I did. The first member to identify correctly what the difference is with -- Eight words or less -- in these two wheels wins/... LOOK very VERY CLOSELY. Very simple answer. HINT - Anybody running a centrifical clutch already has the parts to do this.

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Eight WORDS OR LESS ONLY descibes the Whole Riddle.......?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct Bill

I took a rear wheel & removed the drum brake and freewheel sprocket, flipped it around & screwed on a threaded disk rotor adapter. This makes the threads go the other direction & tighten when you apply the brake.

So the answer is - One is a front -One is a rear. I'm just using an old rear for a front now. Haven't mounted the caliper yet, but have found a way to do it without welding to the fork. Going to use the existing drum arm bracket that is already there.

:unsure:

This Whizzer is going to have front & rear hydraulic brakes very soon.

Stops on a Dime

It worked out better than I had hoped. The billet mount had to be modified to mount against the fork bracket, but it centers the disk on the wheel / rotor perfectly. This is a not so fair comparison to what I had before. I think that it triples this bikes stopping capacity.

IMG_1489.jpg

100 miles

After 100 miles this set up has no problems. The width is more than the stock W front end will allow. It fits this springer perfectly. Huge difference in stopping power.

Back