Whizzer Carb Adjustment Screws

Thats what I thought.
I actually have it up to almost 1500

The thing ran like a champ today. Have to get used to the clutch lever again. I used to have a shovelhead and am still in the habit of pulling in the clutch even when I dont need to!

Say, how do you guys add your signature. I looked but couldnt find a setting.

Thanks
Steve

Say, how do you guys add your signature. I looked but couldnt find a setting.

Thanks
Steve

Steve, go to the home page and right above the chat box you'll see a blue bar. At the left of that bar is "User CP". Click on that and aloing the left side of the page that comes up is the control panel. Under settings and options there is "Edit signature". From there you can enter your signature line.

Ok, so this week I have been giving the panther a little extra care, even with neglecting maint. other than oil and gas it has been a dependable daily runner! Having to replace a flat got me motivated to go through and give a nice tune up.... now my question is.... and I have the same carb that is pictured at the beginning of this post, why is it that the idle speed screw does nothing no matter what position I put it in.... does only the air screw work on these models?

(ps the ladies begged to be photographed with the whizzer!)

24" 2003 panther
engine upgrade from original....

Attachments

• picture-12.jpg
    picture-12.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 688
Hi jim!
Actually it seems a little loose with a lot of of play... or it was. I took some of the play out of it. Could it be **** in the carb?
I havent taken it apart....
and it hesitates as I roll on the throttle from a stop......

You need to check and see if the slide in the card moves freely. If it does not, you need to find out why. A good cleaning would not hurt any way. Make sure you put it back in the correct way. Unfortunately it will go in the wrong way.
Good luck.
Jim

haha! yes, i remember when i first installed the carb, i put it in backwards and the throttle was useless! Couldnt for the life of me figure it out as it fit together so nicely.... then i disassembled and put back together and it worked.....

so it being gunked up in there could cause the mix screw not to have any effect?

These carbs are just tricky. They need to be clean to start with before you even try to fix other things like hesitation, idle mixture, etc.
Good luck!

Jim

Back