Whizzer? Columbus cycle and sporting goods? American Standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool4awhizzer

Local time
11:24 AM
I recently purchases a bicycle at auction, which I believe is an old whizzer frame, but can't identify the year? It did not come with a motor,tank, or controls. But what it does have is the heavy double nipple spokes the cut away rear fender front bumper plus chrome fender tips etc. The head badge says AMERICAN STANDARD manufactured by schwinn for Columbus cycle and sporting goods co. I would like to know if anybody can date this bike for me. There is on E-bay the same head badge as mine but the person selling it does not know the year. If anyone can help that would be great.

Post some pictures so we can see what you've got.

Should be able to reference the frame number on either the bottom bracket or rear dropout and look it up on the schwinn frame date site.

Here finally got pictures of this bike to post. Have a look let me know if anybody knows anything. Thank you. PB280164.jpgPB280166.jpg

Yes, it looks like a Schwinn bike built for the Whizzer engine kit. What is the serial number? It will likey be located under the bottom bracket on that bike.

Moderators Note:

Hi Whizzer John and welcome to the forums.

I have locked this thread after your reply to it because it hasn't been replied to in 10 years...lol...Those people haven't even been seen or heard from here in the forums for years now.

There are date codes on every post so you will know what is recent and what is ancient history...lol

You will also notice there was a RED LETTER proviso that was right above the reply box you were typing in asking you not to reply to a post or thread that hadn't received a reply in at least three years...This one was ten years old since last reply...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back