Whizzer Dipstick: how to check?

Here is the picture I promised. It clearly says 10oz.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 405
Hello,

"all dipsticks aren't created equal" was a comment I posted earlier. Although I had never seen the dipstick with a 10 [on that side], I knew of its exsistance. All Whizzer motors from the 1999 models to current use 8 oz. of oil, however the dipstick in the picture is rare and is incorrect. I have dipsticks with same area where the photo shows the 10 that appear to have been ground and stamped with a #8. There are also 2 other versions of the dipstick, the most common is marked 8 on one side and 10 on the other, but the current version is only marked 8 and the other side is blank. I guess that means there are 4 versions, but the one with the 10 [other side blank] is incorrect and 10 = 8.
Of all the Whizzers I have sold & serviced, Whizzer motor kits I have sold, Whizzer motors [WC-1, NE, SE] sold & serviced, I have never seen the rare dipstick, maybe it was only used in the Cruzzer, and not a Whizzer. I always liked a good mystery.
Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Too late, I get to add it to my collection. RDKryton agreed to trade me, thank you, thank you. The replacement is on the way, again thanks for letting me add to my collection of "special" Whizzer parts.
have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks
Quenton

Hi Bill, Correct, and also during oil change drain oil with bike off stand and lean to left [flywheel side] to remove as much of the old oil as possible. If the oil is drained on the stand with the front wheel on the ground, a fair amount of oil will not exit the drain hole.
It is easy to check the oil on the Ambassador, because of the side stand. Just loosen the dipstick, and tilt the bike to level, then check the oil.
All the motors use 8 oz. of oil. I have never seen a dipstick with 10 oz. marked on it before [sounds like a rare collectors item], all of mine are marked 8 oz. All the dipsticks I have in stock have an area ground flat and the number 8 has been stamped in, make me wonder if they said 10 and was ground out and stamped 8 [ I love a good mystery].
Have fun,
Quenton
Is this quenton in North Carolina works on these bikes if so please give me a call I need to get in touch with someone that can help me with the bike. I've got her running got 60 miles so far told me at a hundred I need do something please call an give instructions also need to buy a few more parts if possible

Back