whizzer issues

So what am I hearing...?
I have a 2006 NE5, so I can expect my lifters to be defective and fail soon? If they fail under warranty will I get the same defective lifters to replace the ones I have?
Thanks,
John

So what am I hearing...?
I have a 2006 NE5, so I can expect my lifters to be defective and fail soon? If they fail under warranty will I get the same defective lifters to replace the ones I have?
Thanks,
John

John, you probably do have the bad lifters. How many miles are on your bike?
If you haven't yet, check out the thread about the mushroom lifters. It would pay to be proactive and order a set of mushroom lifters (as I did) now. Don't wait for them to fail first, because the outcome could be more expensive than a new pair of lifters. As Quenton mentioned, even the new lifters as they come from Whizzer aren't perfect. They will usually need some attention. Check with your local dealer, or if you don't have one, check with the dealers on this board to see if they have a set or would be able to get you a set.

Hi John,
You might call Whizzer and request a replacement set. I know of a few that managed to convince Whizzer USA to do the "right thing" and replace the defective lifters with the correct "mushroom" versions. I also know of many that were sent the same "softened" lifters as the replacement, so it can go either way. If you locate a set of mushroom lifters, I will gladly supply the needed information to make them correct, just call me. And like KilroyCD commented, waiting could be far more expensive in the long run.

Have fun,
Quenton

Back