Whizzer marketing mistake!!!

The little Honda mopeds are CVT and have excellent performance. CVT's have been around a long time. I had one on a circa 1970 4 hp minibike. It would have eaten my Whizzer for lunch and I don't remember ever finding a hill it didn't have the power to climb.

I do share the concerns that either Whizzer will do a lousy implementation or raise the price over the already too high price. It's a shame really. The engineering on these things should be child's play but they never seem to be able to get it right.

The little Honda mopeds are CVT and have excellent performance. CVT's have been around a long time. I had one on a circa 1970 4 hp minibike. It would have eaten my Whizzer for lunch and I don't remember ever finding a hill it didn't have the power to climb.

I do share the concerns that either Whizzer will do a lousy implementation or raise the price over the already too high price. It's a shame really. The engineering on these things should be child's play but they never seem to be able to get it right.

I share your concerns, especially as I find more QC issues with my NE5. I still feel that 2hp will be inadequate for their CVT to operate properly. I heard that it doesn't operate properly on the unrestricted Ambassador, and at the Portland show I've heard that they were unable to get the Ambassadors with CVTs to operate properly.

I don't know why they don't just send some money to Quinton and let him do a prototype for them. One of the things that is most important for the Whizzer is the safety, I guess they never rode one (brakes). I don't care if they think the CVT is a good thing it looks like you know what. And all the junk covers trying to cover up all the wiring (Whats that all about) They are using up the junk from the "Ambassador" and those are all laying in the back of someones garage (dead). I love my NE5 only because of Quinton and all his suggestions. I have said this before. All they need to do is come out with the Two Speed clutch like the original, that's all it needs and it doesn't spoil the looks of the bike. Also all of us would buy one for all the rest of the Whizzers out there. Oh if they knew how to do any research on a clutch I think they would do them selves a favor and look at the clutch in a 1959 Honda C100, 50cc, indestructible and never failed in 50 years. Have fun, Dave

PS: I looked at the Whizzer in the early 60's and bought the Honda 50. (Sorry) still have it.

Back